These are so quick and simple to make so great to do with your kids and they are delicious.
- 225g butter (W)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (W)
- 180g (8oz) icing sugar (W)
- 225g plain flour (W)
- pinch of salt (W)
- 150g (5oz) chopped nuts (I use a mix of almonds and brazil nuts (W)
- Preheat the oven to gas 3, 170°C, fan 150°C.
- Cream the butter in a large mixing bowl along with the vanilla extract for a few minutes. Gradually add 60g (2oz) icing sugar, beating constantly until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour with a pinch of salt twice to aerate it. Gradually stir it through the butter mixture until it’s all incorporated. Mix through the chopped almonds.
- Measure out heaped teaspoons of the mixture and roll into small balls. Place on a lined baking tray, leaving 1-2 inches between each ball to allow them to spread a little.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are light brown. Remove the cookies from the oven and, while they are still hot, roll them in icing sugar.
- Cool the cookies on wire racks. Just before serving, roll the cookies in the icing sugar one more time.