Ingredients (W available from Weigh Ahead)
• 3 tbsp olive oil (W)
• 130g pancetta or streaky bacon, cut into cubes
• 2 carrots, diced
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 stick celery, diced
• 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 2 large handfuls of kale, finely shredded
• 1-2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
• 400g tinned chopped tomatoes (W)
• 1.2 litres good chicken stock
• 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (W,dried)
• 70g small pasta, such as macaroni or tubetti (W)
• 3-4 tbsp chopped, flat-leaf parsley
• Salt and ground black pepper (W)
• Parmesan to serve
1. In a big pot, warm the oil over medium heat, then add the pancetta and sauté until just golden.
2. Add the carrot, onion and celery, lower the heat and sauté, stirring, until soft, about seven minutes.
3. Add the garlic and thyme, and cook for 3 minutes
4. Add the tomatoes, stock and a pinch of salt, and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes.
5. Add the beans and pasta, and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add the kale and cook for 3 minutes
6. Add more stock if it looks a bit thick.
7. Taste, season and stir in the parsley.
8. Serve with Parmesan shavings.