The blackcurrants are picked and not being keen on jam I thought I’d have a go at a twist on a family favourite.
This recipe has less butter and sugar than traditional flapjack so I can have it for breakfast 😀
(W) Ingredients available from Weigh Ahead
- 150g Butter (w)
- 100g Soft Brown Sugar (w)
- 2 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- 350g Porridge/Rolled Oats (w)
- 250g Blackcurrants
- Preheat your oven to 160c degrees and grease/line a tray bake tin.
- Melt together the butter, sugar and syrup over a low heat in a good sized pan.
- Stir in the oats and blackcurrants and mix until well combined.
- Tip into the prepared tin and smooth with the back of a metal spoon.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to turn golden.
- Leave to cool before removing from the dish and cutting in to slices.