Fusilli with sweet and hot peppers, white beans, lemon and olives
A lovely simple summer dish that takes no time to make
Ingredients marked (W) available from Weigh Ahead
- 2 tbsp olive oil (w)
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp crushed chillis (w)
- 250g cooked cannellini beans (w-dried)
- 400 ml vegetable bouillon (w)
- ½ tsp salt (w)
- 1tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- About 15 olives, pitted and halved (w)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the peppers and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, chillis, and salt and sauté for about 10 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile put a large potful of water to boil for the pasta.
- Add the beans, bouillon, lemon zest, lemon juice, and olives to the peppers, and stir. Cover, turn the heat down and let the sauce simmer while the pasta cooks.
- Cook the fusilli in rapidly boiling water until it is just tender. Drain, and add it directly to the panful of pepper sauce. Stir well, and cook over a low heat for about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish, and serve